APRIL’S HARE- ULR APRIL NEWSLETTER
Stay cool with the latest in ULR events, hot properties on the market and other Houston happenings here:
HOME SWEET HOME
We would like to introduce you to your dream come true! Magnificent 3 bed, 2 bath located in Hockley Texas where you’re far enough from the city but close enough to quickly get Downtown.
Open and spacious, this floorplan will make you excited to host parties and gatherings. The kitchen is finished with custom cabinetry, granite countertops and upgraded appliances. The dining room comes with a huge window letting in natural light that will make your morning so much better. Walk into the master suite and you’ll never want to leave again. Plush carpeted floors and vaulted ceilings, oh my! However, the bathroom is where it’s at. A huge whirlpool pool and a stand alone shower are both included. The two other bedrooms, are massive and the second bathroom is the ideal size and is plenty of space!
Ready for those long hot summer days? The covered patio facing the vast backyard will keep you cool and relaxed. Completely fenced, your furry family members will love playing in the outside.
This newly built neighborhood is perfect for families with parks, pavilions and walking trails all through out!
1. SHELL HOUSTON OPEN
Top golfers from all over the world will compete for the title and for a good cause too!!
- Date: Mar. 30- Apr. 2
- Location: Golf Club of Houston |5860 Wilson Rd Humble, TX 77396
- Time: Varies
- Admission: General Admission
- Website: http://www.shellhoustonopen.com/
2. ART CAR PARADE
Creative, artistic and unique, this parade will knock your socks off. Artists from all over Houston will showcase their work on 4 wheels. Come out early to get a good seat!
- Date: Apr. 15
- Location: Downtown/Smith St.
- Time: 2-4 PM
- Admission: Free
- Website: http://www.thehoustonartcarparade.com/
3. DASH SPRING MARKET
Get your shopping shoes ready! Featuring the best local and national dealers with the most unique decor for your home, jewelry, clothing and so much more!
- Date: Apr. 26th-28th
- Location: Silver Street Studios | 2000 Edwards St. Houston, TX 77007
- Time: Varies
- Admission: $5-$25
- Website: https://www.dashhouston.com/
AGENT OF THE MONTH: Stony Naquin
The lovely Stony Naquin takes home this month’s agent of the month! Positive and bubbly, Stony truly enjoys helping people find their forever homes. One of her best qualities however, is her warmhearted nature and always keeping her clients as her number one priority while tending to their needs and wants.
As a native Houstonian, she knows this city like the back of her hand and has done deals all over the greater city. Though she has traveled near and far, she likes to stick inside the Inner Loop when it comes to showing the best to lease and buy/sell.
When she’s with clients or at the office, she enjoys spending time doing yoga, horseback riding, volunteering, hanging out with family or drinking some fine wine with friends. Yea she’s pretty cool.
When we asked why she loves ULR, Stony loves the family orientated vibe and how everyone is always willing to lend a helping hand. “No one here wants to see another fail. We love to build each other and guide each other to be the best we can be for ourselves and our clients. We also have the best bosses!” *winks to Jess and Scott*
To find out more information about Stony, click here!
BUGS BE GONE
Longer days and warmer weather. Nothing beats that combination…unless its bugs. If you love spending your days outside or keeping your windows open you, we have some natural ways to keep the unwanted out
- Insects despise the smell of mint, so put some mouthwash into a spray bottle and spray all around you and even on you, and say goodbye to those pesky things
- Speaking of mint, add mint, rosemary and garlic to your garden
- Burning sage also works wonders!
- Add a ceiling fan or fan to your patio and keep it on during the evening when they’re more likely to hangout. The wind will make it difficult to fly in
- Try to avoid heavy perfume or scents as insects are attracted to the smells
- Keep drinking water! Not only are they attracted to fragrances, they like our hot and sticky sweat, so try and stay hydrated
- Citronella candles, citronella candles, citronella candless!!
- Try to reduce the amount of standing water around your house as they reproduce in water
- The smell might not be so great, but leaving a cup of vinegar will either drown the bugs or keep them away
IT’S A DOGGY DOG WORLD
HAPPY HAPPY HOUR
Come out to Holman Draft Hall for our Happy Hour Thursday, April 12th! You don’t want to miss out on the fun 🙂
We hope you enjoyed this month’s newsletter!
If you are looking to buy, sell, or lease, ULR Properties would love to help! Come visit us in our new office at 1925-B Richmond Ave (McDuffie & Richmond) or visit us online at www.ULRproperties.com