APRIL’S HERE- ULR APRIL NEWSLETTER
Stay cool with the latest in ULR events, hot properties on the market and other Houston happenings here:
HOME SWEET HOME
We would like to introduce you to your dream come true! Magnificent 3 bed, 2 bath in Hockley, Texas where you’re far enough from the city but close enough to quickly get Downtown.
Open and spacious, this floor plan will make you excited to host events! The kitchen is finished with custom cabinetry, granite countertops and upgraded appliances. The dining room comes with a huge window that allows natural light to beam in making your morning more enjoyable. Just one step into the master room and you’ll dread going back to reality. Soft carpeted floors and vaulted ceilings- oh my! With a huge whirlpool bath and a stand-alone shower, the bathroom is where it’s at. The two other bedrooms are just as grand and are complimented with a second bathroom of ideal size.
Ready for those long, hot summer days? The covered patio facing the vast backyard will keep you cool and relaxed. Completely fenced, your furry family members will love playing outside.
With parks, pavilions and walking trails throughout, this newly built neighborhood is perfect for families!
1. HOUSTON OPEN
Top golfers from all over the world will compete for the title and for a good cause too!!
- Date: Mar. 30- Apr. 2
- Location: Golf Club of Houston |5860 Wilson Rd Humble, TX 77396
- Time: Varies
- Admission: General Admission
2. ART CAR PARADE
Creative, artistic and unique, this parade will knock your socks off. Artists from all over Houston will showcase their work on 4 wheels. Come out early to get a good seat!
- Date: Apr. 15
- Location: Downtown/Smith St.
- Time: 2-4 PM
- Admission: Free
- Website: http://www.thehoustonartcarparade.com/
3. DASH SPRING MARKET
Get your shopping shoes ready! Featuring the best local and national dealers with the most unique decor for your home, jewelry, clothing and so much more!
- Date: Apr. 26th-28th
- Location: Silver Street Studios | 2000 Edwards St. Houston, TX 77007
- Time: Varies
- Admission: $5-$25
- Website: https://www.dashhouston.com/
AGENT OF THE MONTH: Stony Naquin
The lovely Stony Naquin takes home this agent of the month! Positive and bubbly, Stony truly enjoys helping people find their forever homes.With a long list to chose from, her warmhearted nature and continuously making her clients wants and needs top priority are amongst her greatest qualities.
As a native Houstonian, she knows this city like the back of her hand and has done deals all over the greater city.Though well traveled, she likes to stick inside the inner loop to show off the best places to lease, buy or sell.
Outside of the office Stony enjoys yoga, horseback riding, volunteering, hanging out with family and drinking some fine wine with friends. Yeah, she’s pretty cool.
When asked about her favorite part of ULR, Stoney said she loves…the family orientated vibe and how everyone is always willing to lend a helping hand. “No one here wants to see another fail. We love to build each other and guide each other to be the best we can be for our clients and ourselves. We also have the best bosses! *Winks to Jess and Scott*”
To find out more information about Stony, click here!
BUGS BE GONE
Here comes the heat…and bugs. If you love spending your days outside or keeping your windows open you, we have some natural ways to keep the unwanted out where they belong.
- Insects despise the smell of mint, so put some mouthwash into a spray bottle, spray all around you and even on you, and wave goodbye to those pesky things.
- Speaking of mint…add mint, rosemary and/or garlic to your garden
- Burning sage also works miracles!
- Add a ceiling fan or rotating fan to your patio and keep it on during the evening when they’re more likely to hangout. The wind will make it difficult for them to fly in.
- Try to avoid heavy perfume or scents as insects are attracted to the smells.
- Keep drinking water! Not only are they attracted to fragrances, they like our hot and sticky sweat, so try to stay hydrated.
- Citronella candles, citronella candles, citronella candles!!
- Try to reduce the amount of standing water around your house as they reproduce in water.
- The smell might not be so great, but leaving a cup of vinegar will either drown the bugs or keep them away.
IT’S A DOGGY DOG WORLD
HAPPY HAPPY HOUR
Come out to Holman Draft Hall for our Happy Hour Thursday, April 12th! You don’t want to miss out on the fun 🙂
We hope you enjoyed this month’s newsletter!
If you are looking to buy, sell, or lease, ULR Properties would love to help! Come visit us in our new office at 1925-B Richmond Ave (McDuffie & Richmond) or visit us online at www.ULRproperties.com