DALLAS MAY NEWSLETTER
Stay cool with the latest in ULR events, hot properties on the market and other Dallas happenings here:
LUXURIOUS UPTOWN DALLAS LIVING
Nestled in the desirable, trendy uptown area of Dallas, this community has a modern, thoughtful, and elegant touch. Those in search of exceptional uptown Dallas apartments need look no further. From stunning one, two, and three bedroom apartment homes to a select range of breathtaking, panoramic penthouses, This is a new vision of splendor you need to see for yourself to believe. Resort-level amenities include custom wine-storage units, quartz slab countertops, spacious high ceilings and massive oversized windows, just a few of the countless indulgences that set aside this community as something truly special among the residences of Dallas. The cutting-edge neighborhood of uptown Dallas offers a plethora of fine dining, casual watering holes, sophisticated arts and entertainment, and access to some of the city’s most naturally sublime parks and golf courses. Downtown is just short drive away, while your towering view of the city makes evident all the city has to offer is at your fingertips.
For more information reach out to one of our agents and ask for DAL95.
1.THE BIG BOUNCE AMERICA
Featuring the world’s largest bounce house, The Big Bounce America tour is the largest touring inflatable event in the entire world. The world’s largest bounce house, the featured attraction on the tour, is the planet’s preeminent bounce castle. It includes a basketball court, giant slide, and a massive ball pit. At the center of the fun is a world-class DJ playing a carefully selected soundtrack with nightclub quality sound and lights. They have both family and adult only sessions.
- Date: May 3rd-5th & 10th-12th
- Location: Skyline Ranch |1801 E. Wheatland Road
- Time: Varies
- Admission: $16-$28
- Website: Here
2. STRUT YOUR MUTT
More than 3,000 people and their pups will be together for a 5K timed run or 3K fun run/walk at Trinity Groves and over the Continental Bridge and back as they Race to End Animal Cruelty. Because the SPCA of Texas relies on private donations, events like Strut Your Mutt are absolutely essential to making our community a better place for people and pets.
- Date: May 11th
- Location: Trinity Groves | 3011 Gulden Lane
- Time: 8:30am
- Admission: $35-$40
- Website: Here
3. MEMORIAL DAY MUSIC FEST
Klyde Warren Park will present their first-ever music festival. The event will feature performances across multiple stages throughout the day and into the night. Each stage will feature music from a variety of genres to satisfy lovers of rock, jazz, country and classical. Between performances, guests can explore vendor booths, play in the family game zone, have their faces painted, and feast on bites from food trucks.
- Date: May 26th
- Location: Klyde Warren Park |2012 Woodall Rodgers Freeway
- Time: 2-10pm
- Admission: Free
- Website: Here
AGENT OF THE MONTH: Angelia Fuller
Angelia is a native Texan with 13 years of real estate experience specializing in all that real estate has to offer, from helping both first time and veteran home buyers find their new perfect home. She considers herself a matchmaker and helps clients identify the community and home that best reflects their individual needs, style and personality. When she is not working, you will find Angelia spending time with her 9 year old son, exploring Dallas, outdoors and being active. She and her son are huge advocates for ALL animals and deeply love their two cats, Jasper and Cali. If you are looking for an expert in real estate that truly has your best interests at heart, she is the perfect fit for you. She will take all the stress off your shoulders and will not stop working on your behalf until you and your family has the home that you absolutely love.
For more information on Angelia or to request her services, click here!
FRESHEN UP YOUR PALETTE!
Now that summer is fast approaching, it’s time to make refreshing treats. Here is a recipe for a Piña Colada Icebox Pie!
- 2 cups pecan shortbread cookie crumbs (about 16 cookies)
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (8-oz.) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1 (8-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cups cream of coconut, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Garnishes: lightly toasted shaved coconut, pineapple wedges, fresh pineapple mint sprigs
- Preheat oven to 350°. Stir together first 3 ingredients; firmly press on bottom and up sides of a lightly greased 9-inch pie plate. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Transfer to a wire rack; cool completely (about 30 minutes).
- Stir together sugar and cornstarch in a small heavy saucepan; stir in pineapple. While stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium-high heat; cook (keep stirring!) 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from heat; cool completely (about 20 minutes).
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer, using whisk attachment, until smooth. Gradually add 1 cup cream of coconut, beating at low speed just until blended. (Chill remaining 1/2 cup cream of coconut until ready to use.) Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Spread cooled pineapple mixture over bottom of piecrust; spoon cream cheese mixture over pineapple mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 38 to 42 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack (about 1 hour). Cover and chill 4 hours.
- Beat whipping cream at high speed until foamy. Gradually add remaining 1/2 cup cream of coconut, beating until soft peaks form; spread over pie.
You can view the full recipe here.