MARCH MADNESS – ULR MARCH NEWSLETTER
Stay cool with the latest in ULR events, hot properties on the market and other Houston happenings here:
ME CASA ES SU CASA
Welcome to your new home! Built in the 50’s, the current owner perfectly modernized this home all while keeping its original look. Beautifully renovated, the living area is spacious with recessed lighting and oak hardwood floors. The room opens up to the dining room big enough to add more seating. Leading into the kitchen, you will find stainless steel appliances, a vintage mount with porcelain cross handles, granite Worktops and With a kitchen like this, you will never want to eat out again!
Walk in to the master and you’ll see two huge windows that allows natural light to shine right in. The other two bedrooms are finished with a new paint job, new ceiling fans and crown molding.
When it comes to the outdoors, this backyard is perfect for hosting BBQ’s or simply relaxing with a glass of wine. Complete with a large backyard deck with gorgeous french doors.
You’ll find peace and comfort in this Oak Forest neighborhood. Convientely located near 290, you can hop on and get to your destination with no hassle. T.C. Jester Park is minutes away, along with a variety of dining, shopping and entertainment!
For more information on this magnificent house, give Kat Plangman a call!
1. HOUSTON LIVESTOCK SHOW & RODEO
There’s a lot of things to love about Houston, but if there’s one thing that Houstonians love more than anything else, it’s the Rodeo. Fun for the entire family filled with carnival rides, concerts, food, the cowboys and livestock!
- Date: Feb. 27- Mar. 18
- Location: NRG Stadium | NRG Pkwy, Houston, TX 77054
- Time: Varies
- Admission: Varies
- Website: https://www.rodeohouston.com/
2. CIRQUE DU SOLEIL-CORTEO
The circus is back in town! Talented, charming and festive, this performance is shown through the eyes of a clown that pictures his own funeral. Instead of mourning, this act takes the good out of the bad and perfectly highlights the joy of life.
- Date: Mar. 8th-10th
- Location: Toyota Center | 1510 Polk St. Houston, TX 77002
- Time: 8th & 9th-7:30 Pm & 10th-3:30 Pm
- Admission: $39-$140
- Website: https://www.cirquedusoleil.com/corteo
3. IN BLOOM MUSIC FESTIVAL
Brought to you by the founder or Free Press Summer Fest and Austin City Limits, comes a brand new spring music festival! This 2 day event will feature more than 50 artist on 4 different stages.
- Date: Mar. 24th-25th
- Location: Elanor Tinsley Park |150 Sabine St. Houston, TX 77007
- Time: Starts at 11 AM
- Admission: Starts at $75
- Website: https://www.inbloomfestival.com/
AGENT OF THE MONTH: Amy Horneman
This month, we would like to showcase the one and only Amy Horneman!! Dedicated, loyal, witty and hilarious, this Texiana (Louisianan and Texan) is one of the many talented ULR agents.
Houstonian for 16 years, her favorite neighborhood to show her clients is also where she calls home. Known for the historical architecture, eclectic dining options and mom & pop shops, it’s a no brainer as to why the Heights is popular among everyone, including Amy.
Some of her favorite things about this marvelous city are the restaurants, new and old, cool and groovy museum exhibitions and the Houston Rodeo. And when Amy isn’t killing the real estate game, she loves to hangout with her two shitzus, Bailey and Oliver, and her family and friends. When she’s not relaxing at home, you can find pictures of her taking trips to tropical destinations and the hill country.
As an agent with ULR for 3 years, Amy would have to say that the team atmosphere, support and leadership and the familiar feeling of home are all the reasons why she loves this company.
To learn more about Amy or to request her help, click here!
Spring is coming, and winter is leaving (finally!) Check out some of these cleaning hacks that will make cleaning simpler and cheaper!
- Use a lint roller to get the dust out of those tricky screen doors
- Clean your microwave scrub-free with vinegar and water
- Magic erasers will be your new BFF when it comes to cleaning your oven glass (Bonus: you can reuse them over and over and over again)
- Soak your oven burners in a ziploc bag with ammonia and let them soak overnight
- Just because they clean your clothes doesn’t mean they stay clean! Vinegar and apple cider will do the trick
- Baking soda mixed with just peroxide and dish soap can transform your kitchen/bathroom
- Grab some tongs, wrap each end with a microfiber towel and viola, you got a solution to cleaning those blinds
- Soak your shower head with Ziploc and vinegar overnight for a grime free shower
- Dryer sheets+chrome=sparkling faucets
DONUT WORRY ABOUT IT
We hope you enjoyed this month’s newsletter!
If you are looking to buy, sell, or lease, ULR Properties would love to help! Come visit us in our new office at 1925-B Richmond Ave (McDuffie & Richmond) or visit us online at www.ULRproperties.com