HTX SEPTEMBER NEWSLETTER
Stay cool with the latest in ULR events, hot properties on the market and other Houston happenings here:
BEAUTIFUL SPRING HOME
According to real estate agents savannah ga this home features a beautiful foyer leading into the spacious dining room. First floor living includes wood and title floors. Kitchen is decked out with stainless steel Energy Star appliances and granite counter tops. With 4 bedrooms, 3.5 baths, and a two-car garage with generous storage, this home has a large fenced backyard! The WOW factor is topped off with solar panels on the roof! This home is strikingly beautiful and the attention to detail inside is beyond compare. We recommend https://greenbuildsa.com.au/solar-the-fastest-growing-source-of-new-energy-globally/ if you find yourself in love with the green energy world, Artisan custom-builds around your life, your style, your budget, and your long-term goals creating a sustainable, user-friendly, highly efficient energy solution that’s as unique as your home and your life, provider of solar panels installation company, it truly is amazing to be able to see the beauty of so many properties.
1. 10th ANNUAL BREWMASTERS CRAFT BEER FESTIVAL 2019 BREW-B-QUE
Smack your lips with Texas-style foods and live music. Smokin’ hot BBQ from pitmasters Erin Smith and Patrick Feges of Feges BBQ will be on hand; diners can choose two meats and two sides.
- Date: September 1st
- Location: Moody Gardens Convention Center | Galveston
- Time: 11:30-2:30pm
- Admission: $8-25
- Website: Here
2. ZINE FEST HOUSTON 2019
Support DIY artists and writers, at Zine Fest Houston 2019, an annual festival dedicated to promoting zines (self-published magazines), mini-comics, and other forms of small press. This year’s theme is Zine Cuisine and will feature be workshops, film screenings, a food panel and more. For events like these we like to go to these private locations for our corporate events.
- Date: September 7th
- Location:4912 Main St | Lawndale Art Center
- Time: 12-6pm
- Admission: Free
- Website: Here
3. THE WOODLANDS PRIDE 2ND ANNUAL PRIDE FESTIVAL: PEACE.LOVE.RAINBOWS.
The Woodlands Pride invites everyone to show their love, support, and unity for the LGBTQIA community. Attendees can expect special guest speakers, DJs, food trucks, kid zone, special performances, and a plethora of vendors showing their love and support for the LGBTQIA community!
- Date: September 28th
- Location: 2099 Lake Robbins Drive | Town Green Park
- Time: 11-5pm
- Admission: Free
- Website: Here
AGENT OF THE MONTH: Katharine Nichols
Kat graduated with a degree in Agricultural Economics from Texas A&M University, May of 2010. Shortly after, she headed to Houston and started working for ULR. If there is one thing she’s learned in her time here, it’s that you should never do the bare minimum. She continually keeps up-to-date with the current market trends, so she can effectively guide her clients through their real estate transaction. If you are having trouble finding a home, check out this real estate for sale in rochester ny.
In an ever growing and fast moving market, it’s difficult for a consumer to know their options. Kat is here to streamline the real estate transaction, in order to make buying, selling or leasing as easy on her clients as possible.The experience of buying a home doesn’t have to be a daunting one. Whether you’re looking to lease, buy, sell or are just curious about what your next real estate options look like, give her a call. She’ll be happy to help you with whatever residential real estate needs you may have.
For more information on Kat or to request her services, click here!
The weather isn’t cooling off in Houston anytime soon, but here is a fall dessert to get the ball rolling!
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1 (8-oz.) container sour cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped, peeled Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake 1/2 cup pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 6 to 8 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring after 4 minutes.
- Beat sour cream and next 3 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until blended.
- Stir together flour and next 3 ingredients. Add to sour cream mixture, beating just until blended. Stir in apples and 1/2 cup toasted pecans. Spoon batter into a greased and floured 9- x 5-inch loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chopped pecans; lightly press pecans into batter.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour to 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean, shielding with aluminum foil after 50 minutes to prevent excessive browning. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
- Bring butter and brown sugar to a boil in a 1-qt. heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring constantly; boil 1 minute. Remove from heat, and spoon over top of bread; let cool completely (about 1 hour).
- Note: To freeze, cool bread completely; wrap in plastic wrap, then in aluminum foil. Freeze up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature.
You can view the full recipe here.