DALLAS OCTOBER NEWSLETTER
Stay in the know with new listings, happenings and ways to have a contact-free Halloween!
SOPHISTICATED LUXURY APARTMENTS NEAR MCKINNEY TROLLEY
Residents can expect exceptional features like 24-hour fitness center with free weights and a sparkling pool. Lavish interiors inside you new home will boast lofty 10′ celiings, cozy gas fireplaces, and contemporary cabinetry. Relax in a bathroom with dual vanities and grand garden tubs.
For more information reach out to one of our agents and ask for DAL671!
Luxury urban highrise in walkable area. Units feature oak hardwood flooring throughout living areas. Expansive terrace with views of the city. Ideal kitchen for entertaining with solid granite counters, travertine backsplash, undermount sinks, and wine racks. Bedrooms feature berber-style carpet with full-size walk-in closet. Bathrooms with travertine flooring, polished limestone counters, and frameless glass shower door. Property features bell captain, concierge, and valet service. Heated rooftop infinity-edge pool with aqua lounge. Private dining and wine room. Intimate library with fireplace and state-of-the-art fitness center with spin room. Ask for DAL95!
Living at these luxury apartments in Farmers Branch, residents can find everything they need at the nearby shopping areas. From Galleria Dallas and Las Colinas Village to grocery stores like Kroger and Whole Foods, residents will have access to shopping centers where they can get their shopping done. Everything you need can be found nearby! Ask for DAL1026!
This gorgeous mid-rise is located close to Downtown Dallas, with easy access to Baylor Medical Center. You will loving cooking in these state-of-the-art kitchens. Featuring granite or quartz countertops with natural stone backsplash & undermount sinks, and GE energy star stainless appliances, these kitchens are truly inspiring. Hand-scraped wood floors and huge walk in closets with built in shelving in every unit. Ask for DAL439!
COVID-19 FRIENDLY HALLOWEEN
Halloween is going to look a little different this year. These 3 ideas will help you and others be extra safe while still enjoying the holiday.
Virtual Scary Movie Night – Netflix and Hulu both have watch party features
Covid-19 Trick or Treat – Organize within your neighborhood or even just your street and leave small candy goodie bags at each home. This way everyone gets treats contact free!
Halloween Decoration Contest – Have some friendly competition with your neighbors to see who can put out the best halloween decorations
HAPPY CLIENT OF THE MONTH
BLOODY GOOD CHEESECAKE
With social distancing still in effect, Halloween parties aren’t happening. However, that doesn’t mean you can’t make a festive recipe for you and your family! Try out this spooky recipe and show us your results using #ulrrecipes on Instagram!
For the crust
- 8 whole chocolate graham crackers, crushed into fine crumbs
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
For the cake
- 3 (8 ounce) blocks of cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs, at rook temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- red icing color
For the gel frosting
- ¼ cup COLD water
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- red icing color
- Preheat the oven to 325F. Line a 9″ springform pan with parchment paper or foil, letting the paper cover the edges of the bottom of the pan and closing the springform edge around it (this makes for easy removal later on).
- Combine the crushed chocolate grahams and melted butter until the crumbs are evenly coated. Press into the prepared pan.
- Beat the softened cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add the unsweetened cocoa and mix until combined, making sure to scrape down the sides and the bottom at least once.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well between each addition. The mix in the vanilla, salt and heavy cream.
- Add the red icing color until the batter is a deep red color. I started with ¼ teaspoon and ended up using maybe ½ – ¾ teaspoon total.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and spread it over the crust.
- Bake for 20 minutes ate 325F. Then reduce the oven temperature to 225F and bake for 30 more minutes. Turn the oven off and DO NOT open the oven door. Just let the cheesecake stay in there until the oven cools to room temperature. This prevents cracking.
- Use a knife to gently loosen the sides of the cake from the pan before popping the springform sides open.
- To make the gel frosting, stir together the cold water and cornstarch until smooth. Pour it into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Pour in the corn syrup and stir until the mixture is heated through and smooth. You will need to stir frequently; you can watch it thicken as it cooks.
- Remove the mixture from the burner after 1-2 minutes. Stir in the vanilla and red icing color. I used about ½ teaspoon of color to achieve the look here. Let the gel cool before spooning it over the cake.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
You can view the full recipe here.