DALLAS APRIL NEWSLETTER
Stay in the know with hot listings and Dallas happenings!
LUXURY UPTOWN LIVING
This 20 story modern apartment complex is truly a sight to see. Built to complement the fine living of Uptown Dallas, you won’t ever want to leave. The rooftoop pool and deck are perfect for those long hot summer days complete with a fire pit and grilling stations to entertain. You will also have access to the fitness lounge and resident lounge to get away to. If you want to scout out your surrounding area, the Katy Trails and Klyde Warren Park are conveniently right next to you! You also have plenty of restaurants, shopping and night life to choose from.
Please follow social distancing measure and wear a mask. We also recommend that everyone follow basic sanitation practices.
1. EASTER IN VICTORY PARK
- Date: April 3rd
- Location: Sweet Tooth Hotel | 2316 Victory Park Lane
- Time: 11:00am – 3:00pm
- Admission: Free
- Website: Here
2. DALLAS ART FAIR – DALLAS GALLERY DAY
Dallas Gallery Day is an opportunity for the community to come together and support Dallas galleries and their respective artists and programming. After nearly a year without formal programming or events, galleries are eager to welcome people back into their spaces. Select galleries will activate their space by hosting artist/curator talks, live music and performances. Refreshments will be served, masks will be mandated, and the capacity of people in the galleries will be monitored by gallery staff.
3. GIRLS ON THE RUN PRESENTS RUN FOR HER VIRTUAL COMMUNITY 5K
This year, with in-person school instruction, after school activities and social events cancelled, girls are facing new challenges with their mental and emotional health. Girls on the Run DFW is as committed as ever to providing both virtual and safe, in-person programming to girls. The support of community partners through events like our ‘Run for Her’ 5K ensure they are able to reach as many as possible during this unprecedented time.
- Date: April 24th and 25th
- Time: 9:00am
- Admission: $40 per person
- Website: Here
Easter is just around the corner! To celebrate here is a festive treat. If you make it tag us on Instagram @urbanleasingdallas!
INGREDIENTS FOR BREAD
1 cup lukewarm milk
1/2 cup plus 1 tsp. granulated sugar, divided
- 2 1/2 tsp or 1 (0.25-oz.) package active dry yeast
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for surface
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened and cut into cubes
- Egg wash, for brushing
- Sprinkles, for topping
INGREDIENTS FOR EGGS
4 large eggs
1 cup boiling water, divided
2 tsp distilled white vinegar, divided
- Food coloring
Grease a large bowl with cooking spray. In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, add milk and 1 teaspoon sugar and sprinkle yeast on top. Let sit until frothy, about 8 minutes.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, combine flour, remaining ½ cup sugar, and salt. Add milk-and-yeast mixture and eggs. Mix until a very soft dough forms, about 5 minutes. Increase to medium-high speed and add in butter a tablespoon at a time, mixing well after each addition, until dough pulls away from sides of bowl, about 15 minutes.
Transfer dough to greased bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm spot until doubled in size 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile make hard-boiled eggs: Place eggs in a medium pot and cover with water. Over medium heat, bring to a boil. Cover and turn off heat. Let sit for 11 minutes, then remove from pan and dunk in ice water.
- Divide 1 cup boiling water between 2 bowls. Add 1 teaspoon vinegar and desired food coloring to each bowl. Add one egg at a time and let sit 5 to 10 minutes, depending on preferred color. Use a slotted spoon to remove from bowl and let dry on a wire rack fitted over a baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface, divide dough into 3 equal parts. Roll each piece into a 16″ long rope. Place ropes side by side lengthwise on prepared baking sheet. Pinch top ends together, then tightly braid ropes together. Bring ends together to form a circle and pinch together.
- Press dyed eggs into braid, then cover dough and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Brush with egg wash and top with sprinkles. Bake until golden, 30 minutes.
You can view the full recipe here.