NEW YEAR, NEW HOUSTON – ULR JANUARY NEWSLETTER
Stay cool with the latest in ULR events, hot properties on the market and other Houston happenings here:
LOVE WHERE YOU LIVE
Good golly Miss Molly, we have a listing that’s hotter than a chili pepper! Beautifully finished, this 2 bedroom condo will leave you breathless. Recently remolded and updated with new flooring an paint. The kitchen features a large island, white quartz countertops and stainless steel appliances. Take a couple steps from the kitchen into the living room and you will not find a better view of Houston. All wood/tile floors and a floating staircase. Large balcony, huge closets and high ceilings. Did we win you over yet? We thought so! However lo and behold, there’s more!
The community gives you full access to the pool and gym. There are 2 reserved parking spaces and plenty of parking for friends and family. Located in the Montrose area, you’re near local shops and fine dining. You can walk to coffee houses in the morning and to the night clubs in the evening. Love going to our museums? You’re just a short drive from the Museum District! Trust me, you cant beat a place like this!
For more information about this unit, visit here!
1. THE SALE AT BAYOU CITY
Shop till ya drop! This 2 day shopping extravaganza features Houston’s premier boutiques with amazing discounted merchandise. The best part about this event is that is supports the Texas Children’s Hospital! So put on your shopping shoes and help to cure childhood cancer!
- Date: Jan. 6th-7th
- Location: Bayou City Event Center | 9401 Knight Rd, Houston, TX 77045
- Time: Sat: 12-5 PM | Sun:12-4 PM
- Admission: Starts at $25
- Website: https://www.thesalehouston.com/
2.MLK JR. PARADE & CELEBRATION
Presented by the Black Heritage Society Organization, Houston honors Martin Luther King Jr. and his dream by throwing a parade followed by a party!
- Date: Jan. 12th-15th
- Location: Minute Maid Park | 501 Crawford St, Houston, TX 77002
- Time: Begins at 10 AM on the 12th
- Admission: Free
- Website: http://www.blackheritagesociety.org/
3. HOUSTON HOT CHOCOLATE 15K &5K
The sweetest run Houston has to offer! Hosted by the Make-A-Wish Foundation, this is fun for the family all while supporting another good cause.
- Date: Nov. 24th-Dec. 30th
- Location: Sesquicentennial Park | 357 Smith St Houston, TX 77002
- Time: 7:15 AM
- Admission: Starts at $49
AGENT OF THE MONTH: NICHOLAS BOURGEOIS
To kick of 2018, we present to you this month’s agent on the month…Nick Bourgeois or otherwise known as Nicky B! Hard working, personable, funny, loyal, honest, caring…the list goes on and on but what can we say, Nick is an all around guy! Houstonian for about 6 years, his favorite thing about this city is variety of incredible food and discovering new places to eat.
“I love ULR because its a company that gives me more then just a paycheck. Working for ULR allows me to do what I love to do and at the same time, working with the most amazing people that I have some to view as my family. This is the first time in my life that I found a company that truly looks out for me and gives me the tools I need to be the best I can be. I have to hand it to the owners, Jessica and Scott, for not only creating such an amazing environment but also being the best role models anyone could ever ask for. This is why I love ULR. “
An agent for Urban Leasing for almost 8 years, Nicky B loves to show off the Heights and his clients love him for it. I mean who doesn’t love this historic Houston neighborhood?
With his free time, you can find him playing fútbol or at a dog park with his two best buds, Teddy and Brooks.
To find out more about Nick or to request his expertise in real estate, visit here!
As Texans, we’re not use to this wintery mix and below 30 degree weather. We like it hot and whether we like to admit it, we probably prefer the humidity over this nonsense! If you don’t want to break the bank on the coldest month of season, we have a couple of tricks hidden up our sleeve to help you stay warm.
- Caulk your windows-for $2 at Target, you can make sure that there are no leaks or holes that allow Jack Frost to sneak in
- Draftstopper-this will aid with air coming in from gap between your door and floor, you can either buy one, make one or simply roll up a towel
- Use your blinds/curtains-when its sunny out, open them and when its dark, close them
- Rugs-lay down rugs on carpeted or tile floor, it’ll keep the heat from escape and it’ll be warmer to walk on barefoot
- Shower with the door open-if you can, leave the door open to allow the steam to travel throughout your home
- Bubblewrap-this is not the most attractive option, however putting bubblewrap on your windows can help cut heat loss
- Ceiling fan-reverse your fan’s rotation to clockwise to push the cold air up, which will then mix with the rising heat
- Invest in a programable thermostat-set your temperature according to your schedule. If you’re away at work, set your thermostat 7-10°F lower
- Bundleup-the easiest solution
Is 2018 your year to become a home howner? Check out our latest blog on New Year Resolutions to buy a house!
We hope you enjoyed this month’s newsletter!
If you are looking to buy, sell, or lease, ULR Properties would love to help! Come visit us in our new office at 1925-B Richmond Ave (McDuffie & Richmond) or visit us online at www.ULRproperties.com