ADIÓS SPRING, HELLO SUMMER -ULR MAY NEWSLETTER
Stay cool with the latest in ULR events, hot properties on the market and other Houston happenings here:
MAKING MY WAY DOWN MONTROSE
Faces pass and you’re home bound to this exquisite townhouse. Built in 2000, this home was stripped down to the bones in 2009 and renovated with luxurious detail.
Inside the gourmet kitchen you’ll notice the custom built solid wood cabinets, track lighting and a limestone tiled kitchen island. Not to mention the sleek granite countertops, stainless steel appliances along with a wine fridge. However, the best part is the jaw-dropping seating area where you can enjoy your meals looking out of your 3 story window!
They say everything is bigger in Texas and you’ll believe it when you step inside the master suite. Finished with crown molding and plush carpet, this room is the house’s best kept secret. Why you ask? Walk outside to your terrace and you’ll be taken away by how beautiful Houston’s skyline is. The bathroom comes with a Jacuzzi tub, dual vanity sinks, a stand up shower and leads into the closet that’s big enough for all your needs and desires.
This corner unit features a new paint job, NEST thermostat, a private front yard and an attached garage. Believe me when I say this, you’ll never want to leave this house!
1. CINCO DE MAYO
Celebrate this Cinco de Mayo at Arnaldo Richards’ Picos for the longest fiesta Houston has to offer! The margaritas and fajitas will have you singing “da-da-dada-da-da-da… tequila” all weekend long.
- Date: May 3rd-6th
- Location: Arnaldo Richard’s Picos | 3601 Kirby Dr Houston, TX 77098
- Time: Varies
- Admission: Varies
- Website: https://www.picos.net/
2. EMPTY BOWLS
Join Houston’s Food Bank at their 14th annual benefit to end world hunger! Attendees will receive a simple lunch, a handcrafted bowl created by artists all around this great city and the euphoric feeling of helping someone in need.
- Date: May 19th
- Location: Houston Center for Contemporary Craft |4848 Main St. Houston, TX 77002
- Time: 11 AM-3 PM
- Admission: $25
- Website: https://www.houstonfoodbank.org/upcomingevent/empty-bowls-houston/
3. FUN-OMENAL FAMILY FESTIVAL
Gather up the gang and head over to Discovery Green for a day filled with carnival rides, games, contests and so much more!
- Date: May 26th
- Location: Discovery Green | 1500 McKinney St. Houston, TX 77010
- Time: 11 AM-5 PM
- Admission: Free
- Website: https://www.discoverygreen.com/funomenal
AGENT OF THE MONTH: Stacie Giroux
Roll out the red carpet, Stacie Giroux is the star of the show this month! Smart, loyal and dedicated, there’s no better person to have on your team than this amazing woman.
Houstonian since she could walk, Stacie is a 2nd generation agent that lives and breathes real estate. Find her a client and the first place she’ll show them all the wonders that the inner loop has to offer.
On her off days, Stacie enjoys the simple life of spending time with family and friends, yoga, watching new films and trying new restaurants. Yet, she also makes time to seek new adventures by traveling to places she can mark off her bucket list.
When it comes to ULR, there’s no other brokerage that compares. This is her second family, and loves having Jess and Scott as our fearless leaders. Here’s to 5 years Stacie, lets add another 5!
To find out more about Stacie or to request her services, click here!
If your home is in need of a new look, you came to the right place! Here are some ideas to add curb appeal without breaking the bank.
- Seating: Adding a bench with colorful pillows will make your home look inviting
- House numbers: By updating or adding house numbers will not only add some personality, but also help your mailman
- Lighting: You’ll be amazed at what a little front porch lighting will do! Bonus: go for a rustic look!
- Wreaths: Coordinate with seasons/holidays
- Symmetry: Creating a symmetrical front porch should do the trick
- Flag: Hanging a flag will add some color to your home all while showing your patriotism
- Flowers/Plants: Planting flowers and plants not only adds color but can spice your home drastically
- Greeting signs: Creating homemade welcome signs are simple, easy and will show off your artistic side
- Paint: Once again, you can some color by simply giving your door a fresh new paint job
- Paving the way: Create a walkway with stones or other pavers
There’s nothing good music can’t do! Read our blog about concerts happening this year in Houston!
We hope you enjoyed this month’s newsletter!
If you are looking to buy, sell, or lease, ULR Properties would love to help! Come visit us in our new office at 1925-B Richmond Ave (McDuffie & Richmond) or visit us online at www.ULRproperties.com