Father’s Day is this weekend and in case you bought him that”#1 Dad” mug last year and have no idea what to get or do to celebrate, we have some ideas for you!
1. Chicago & The Doobie Brothers
Take a trip down memory lane and watch your dad fangirl over a couple of his favorite bands.
- When: 06/18/17 @ 7:30 PM
- Location: Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | 2005 Lake Robbins Dr. The Woodlands, TX 77380
- Website: https://concerts1.livenation.com/event/3A0052219713181B
- Price: $25-$125/ticket
2. Astros game
Or you can take your dad out to a ball game and watch the number 1 team in the American League West crush the Red Sox.
- When: 06/18/17 @ 7:05 PM
- Location: Minute Maid Park | 501 Crawford St, Houston, TX 77002
- Website: https://www.mlb.com/astros
- Price: $20-$129/ticket
3. Dad’s Day 5k
Run, or walk, for a cause this weekend! This race helps raise funds for local education and support and also raises prostate cancer awareness. There is also different levels such as a 3k and a kid’s 1k.
- When: 06/17/17 as early as 6:30 AM
- Location:Wortham Theatre | 550 Prairie Street, Houston, TX 77002
- Website: http://dadsday5k.org/
- Price: $35/adult & $20/children
4. Whiskey/Brewery Tasting
Cool off from the summer heat at some local breweries or enjoy the taste of limited edition whiskey with your pops.
City Acre Brewing Father Fest
- When: 06/18/17 @ 11 AM
- Location: City Acre Brewing | 3418 Topping St, Houston, TX 77093
- Website: http://www.cityacrebrewing.com/Calendar.html
- Price: $17.95/ticket
Father’s Day Highland Park Whiskey Tasting
- When: 06/18/17 @ 5 PM
- Location: Reserve 101 | 1201 Caroline St, Houston, TX 77002
- Website: http://www.reserve101.com/
- Price: $55/ticket
5. Father’s Day Pig Roast
How delicious does this sound? Take your dad and the whole family for a neighborhood pig roast.
- When: 06/18/17 @ 2 PM
- Location: Revival Market | 550 Heights Blvd, Houston, TX 77007
- Website: https://www.agricolehospitality.com/calendar/2017/6/18/fathers-day-pig-roast
- Price: $25/ticket pre sale $30/ticket day of & kids under 5 are free
Regardless of where you choose to go or do, make some time out to show your love and appreciation to the number one man in your life! Happy Father’s Day Houston!!