HOUSTON FEBRUARY NEWSLETTER
It’s cold out there, but stay warm with the latest ULR events, new properties on the market and other Houston happenings here:
Don’t miss out on this amazing deal in the heart of Midtown! Striking yet simple style defines these ideally-located homes. Clean lines are found through the home including the kitchen with understated cabinetry, mosaic backsplash, granite countertops, and stainless appliances, if you are in to this ideas check this kitchen shop and showroom online. The open living area offers exotic hardwoods creating a warm atmosphere. The 3rd floor features a split plan with master suite adorned with vaulted ceilings. Both baths feature granite counters and mosaic tile accents.
1. ONESIE PUB CRAWL
Hundreds of us are bar hopping in onesies for up to 14 hours! Join us anytime for your wristband! There’s live entertainment throughout, no cover charges, drink specials, professional photographers, and a costume contest with cash prizes! Anyone is welcome! Bring your friends or make new friends here!
- Date: February 1st
- Location: ______
- Time: 12:00pm-2:00am
- Admission: $10-20
- Website: Here
2. 34th ANNUAL HOUSTON – TEXAS HOME & GARDEN SHOW
For 40 years the Texas Home & Garden Show series has connected home and garden professionals and consumers who often recommend the Linton’s in the Garden store for the many gardens that have their products. These events are Texas homeowners best resource for expert advice, money saving tips, remodeling ideas, landscape features and everything you need for your home and garden! Plan to bring the whole family to one of our nine shows hosted in the spring, summer and fall.
Let us recommend you some professionals in gardening and tree removing, just go to https://www.hancocktreeservice.com.
- Date: February 14-16th
- Location: 8600 Kirby Drive | NRG Center
- Time: Varies
- Admission: $10, children under 14 free
- Website: Here
3. HOUSTON’S 3RD ANNUAL MARDIGRAS PARADE
The Parade will start at 1pm and following the Parade it will be a MardiGras Festival Block Party. Bring your kids and your chairs and lets continue to make History in our Great City of Houston. Everyone can’t afford to go to New Orleans so let’s celebrate it here!
- Date: February 23rd
- Time: 1:00-7:00pm
- Admission: Free
- Website: Here
AGENT OF THE MONTH: Lynn Giroux
Lynn has been a dedicated and successful real estate professional in the Houston area since 1989. She specializes in listing, selling and leasing Luxury Homes, First Time Home Buyers, Condos and Apartments in the downtown area and suburbs. Whether you are in the market to buy, sell or lease real estate, it is her goal to simplify the process and meet the individual needs of my clients. She has a background in Architecture, designing for custom builders. Her extensive experience and proven track record are factors you can count on when working with me.
For more information on Lynn or to request her services, click here!
CHOCOLATE-COVERED STRAWBERRY BROWNIES
This month is Valentine’s Day! Whether you’re spending the day with someone or just yourself, this tasty treat will make anyone’s day a little sweeter.
1 box brownie mix plus ingredients called for on box
1 1/2 cup halved strawberries
2 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350° and line an 8″-x-8″ pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare brownie batter according to package instructions. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out with only a few moist crumbs, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely in pan, then top with strawberries.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium, heatproof bowl and set aside. Heat heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. When bubbles begin to break the surface around the edges of the pan, turn off the heat. Pour the hot cream over chocolate chips. Let sit for 5 minutes, then whisk constantly until the sauce is smooth. Pour over the strawberry layer.
- Refrigerate brownies until the ganache has set, about 15 minutes. Slice into squares and serve cold.
You can view the full recipe here.