HTX DECEMBER NEWSLETTER
It’s cold out there, but stay warm with the latest ULR events, new properties on the market and other Houston happenings here:
MINIMALIST DREAM HOME
It’s rare to find a standout in a luxury neighborhood. This minimalist, contemporary home built to custom-level specifications is just that. From the flawless lines of the stucco, glass and cumaru wood on the exterior to the carefully crafted details of the lighting, cabinetry, and tile work inside, this home will impress the most discerning eye. Even the home site is a special lot positioned at the end of the curving street and framed by timeless live oak trees. Walk up to the house on asymmetrically poured concrete steps highlighted with inset LEDs. Enter through an over-sized glass pivot door and walk into the entryway where cumaru extends all the way from the opposite side of the home. A wall of sliding glass doors invites your eyes to the backyard only if they can leave the walnut-wrapped drop-ceiling. The entire first floor is poured saw-cut concrete. This all before you see the custom teak wood shower pan and built-ins upstairs.
1. TXU ENERGY PRESENTS ZOO LIGHTS
Don’t miss one of Houston’s best loved holiday traditions. Sip hot chocolate as you stroll through the beautiful Houston Zoo grounds and take in the sights and sounds of the season. Earth-friendly LED lighting illuminate our ancient oak trees and decorate the paths to light your way.
- Date: November 23rd – January 12th
- Location: Houston Zoo | 6200 Hermann Park Drive
- Time: 5:30-10:30pm (last entry at 9:30)
- Admission: $18-$23
- Website: Here
2. LIGHTS IN THE HEIGHTS
Stroll along the pedestrian friendly route while enjoying a variety of sights ranging from nostalgic, twinkling white lights to eclectic, colorfully lighted scenes. Listen to the seasonal sounds of Christmas carols, jazz bands, and more, playing on the front porches, driveways, and yards of neighbors.
- Date: December 14th
- Location: Woodland Heights Neighborhood
- Time: 6:00-9:00pm
- Admission: Free
- Website: Here
3. NEW YEARS EVE AT CITY CENTRE
This is the perfect place to ring in the New Year on Tuesday, December 31! The excitement begins with live music in the plaza from five-piece, variety dance band A Sure Thing, followed by a countdown to midnight capped off with confetti and a 60-second rooftop fireworks show. Parking will be $10 in all City Centre garages beginning at 6 PM. Please allow extra time for parking before and after the event due to large attendance; carpooling and ride sharing such as Uber are highly encouraged.
- Date: December 31st
- Location: City Centre | 800 Town and Country Blvd
- Time: 9:30pm-12:30am
- Admission: Free, Parking $10
- Website: Here
AGENT OF THE MONTH: Erin Flanigan
Erin is a Houston native and engages in numerous activities around the city to connect with her fellow Houstonians. Previously working in the service industry for over ten years has contributed immensely to her real estate career. Being able to connect from person to person, attention to detail, and time management is very important in both industries. In her eyes, every client is a VIP. Erin specializes in the inner loop and Galleria area but has a great deal of knowledge of greater Houston. As a Realtor, her main priority is to make her clients happy. She listens to her clients wants and needs to achieve the best outcome in every transaction and she strives to ensure the home buying, selling or leasing process is fun, easy and stress-free. Erin is very dedicated to finding her clientele their perfect home!
For more information on Erin or to request her services, click here!
The holiday season is in full swing! Here is a recipe sure to make your kitchen smell amazing and festive.
3/4 c. (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
2/3 c. molasses
1 large egg
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
3 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 tbsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Sugar cookie icing
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, and molasses until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, spices, baking soda, and salt until combined. With the mixer on low, gradually add dry ingredients to wet ingredients until dough just comes together. (Do not over mix!)
- Divide dough in half and create two discs. Wrap each in plastic wrap and chill until firm, about 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350° and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Place one disc of dough on a lightly floured surface and roll until 1/4″ thick. Cut out gingerbread men with a 3″ wide cutter and transfer to baking sheets.
- Bake until slightly puffed and set, 9 to 10 minutes, depending on the size of your cookie cutters. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining disc of dough. Decorate with icing and sprinkles as desired.
You can view the full recipe here.