August Happenings in DTX- Real Estate, Happenings, & More
Stay cool with the latest in ULR events, hot properties on the market and other Dallas happenings here:
WASHINGTON EAST BROWNSTONE
Every morning is a new breath of opportunity – seize the day. When you live in a hot spot for work and play, you’ll have the world at your fingertips. That’s why this community offers a location that awakens the senses with excellent amenities. Break a rack with a game of pool in the billiards room. Relax at the tanning deck by the pool, gather with friends by the fire pit, and revel in the artistic setting, and be the most authentic version of you. Unique property in one of Dallas’ favorite neighborhoods. Units feature open layouts with gourmet kitchens. Make your dining table an expression of your style with dinnerware sets from Belle & June. Ideal for entertaining with granite counters and cherry cabinets available in select units. Private patios off living area. Large bedrooms with spacious walk in closets. Baths feature oval soaking tubs.
For more information reach out to one of our agents and ask for DAL106!
1. POP-UP SILENT DISCO AT ABBEY ROAD
If you haven’t made it to Austin City Limits or one of these monthly parties in Austin, TX this would be a great chance for you to see what quiet clubbing is all about. Come party Saturday, August 3rd at award-winning Abbey Road, which has great indoor space and outdoor patio as well as a wide selection of British beer, ales and cocktails. Tune into three live DJs spinning 3 different genres of music all night and never leave the dance floor while dancing the night away.
- Date: August 3rd
- Location: Abbey Road Eatery & Ales | 1941 Preston Rd #1040
- Time: 10pm-2am
- Admission: $10-20
- Website: Here
2. ANIMEFEST 2019
AnimeFest is a convention for fans of anime, manga, games and other forms of pop-culture organized by World Fandom. We are a charity organization which relies on membership fees from members to host our annual events. Founded in 1992, this is the third longest running anime convention in the US. Over 12,000 fans are expected to attend.
- Date: August 16th-19th
- Location: Sheraton Dallas Hotel |400 N Olive Street
- Admission: $40-70
- Website: Here
3. ART BATTLE – DALLAS!
Watch the paint fly before your eyes and incredible creations unfold during 3 fast-paced rounds of live painting and help vote to determine the Winner! All artwork created will also be available via silent auction. Be a part of the fun as a spectator, or participate as one of the featured artists
- Date: August 31st
- Location: Deep Ellum Art Co. | 3200 Commerce Street
- Time: 1pm
- Admission: $15-20
- Website: Here
AGENT OF THE MONTH: Carver Bennett
Carver is fun loving and easy to get along with. He loves spending time with his family and friends when he’s not working. He’s am a huge martial arts fan, and has been training mixed martial arts for over 5 years. Carver is ready to help you find the next place you call home!
For more information on Carver or to request his services, click here!
WHITE CHOCOLATE ORANGE CREAMSICLE TRUFFLES
Is the summer heat getting to you? Here’s a sweet treat to help you cool off!
- 8 oz. white chocolate-chopped into small pieces
- 5 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoon heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- Orange(or red and yellow) food coloring-optional
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- In a small sauce pan melt butter, add heavy cream and stir to combine, then stir in salt, orange extract and food coloring and stir again to combine, set aside.
- Over a double boiler melt chopped white chocolate, stirring casually until smooth and completely melted. DO NOT over heat the chocolate!!! It takes some time to melt completely, but do not heat above 105F (if touched with finger, it will feel about the same temperature as your body), or the chocolate will separate and be unusable.
- Gently stir in lukewarm butter and heavy cream mixture into melted chocolate. Butter and heavy cream mixture should be approximately the same temperature as melted chocolate before you combine them.
- Cool slightly, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2-3 hours (or until firm enough to roll the balls).While it’s cooling, you can take it from the fridge, stir with a fork, cover again with plastic wrap and place back into the fridge.
- With a small spoon or a melon baller scoop out the mixture and roll into 1 inch balls. You can dust your hands with powdered sugar or if it’s too sticky drop a spoon of mixture into powder sugar,( it makes it much easier to roll into a ball) then roll it again in the sugar when the ball is formed.
- Roll each ball into powdered sugar to coat them well.
- Store in the fridge in airtight container up to 1 week or freeze for longer storage.
You can view the full recipe here.