HEY, HEY, HEY, IT’S MAY!
ULR MAY NEWSLETTER
Hello Houston, we’re here to share with you the latest in ULR events, hot properties on the market and other hot Houston happenings here:
Beautiful, gorgeous, stunning, the list can go on and on! Located in Afton Oaks, this 4 bedroom, 4 bath is the epitome of luxury. This house comes with 2 master bedrooms, (yes you read that right) a pool, patio and a guest suite. Elegantly architected and designed, stone, tile and hardwood floors run throughout. Walk into the kitchen to find granite countertops, a breakfast bar and a gas range stove! You won’t have to worry about keeping up with maintenance, included is a gardener and pool service. House warranty is also incorporated with your lease. Amazing right?
You’ll have easy access to 610, 69 and the Galleria. You’re also a quick drive to Downtown, so you’ll be able to take in all that makes Houston so great. Museums, Astros and Rockets games, conventions at the George R. Brown Center are only a few of the many things that you can do around town! There are just so many qualities that make this home wonderful, it’s difficult to find a reason not to live here.
1. MIDDLELANDS FESTIVAL:
- Date: May 5-7
- Location: TX Renaissance Festival Fair Grounds | 21778 FM 1774 Todd Mission TX 77363
- Admission: Single Day-$185, VIP 3 weekend pass-$410
- Website: http://www.middlelands.com
Be apart the first ever Middlelands Festival! What is it you ask? Think of it like a EDM Renaissance Festival. Sounds pretty cool right? So get your costumes ready and travel back in time to castles, kingdoms and magical creatures.
- Date: May 12-14
- Location: George R. Brown Convention Center | 1001 Avenida de la Americas
- Admission: Adult-$30-$225, Children-$10-$12
- Website: https://www.comicpalooza.com
The largest pop culture festival in Texas is back! A little over a million square feet of comics, sci-fi, film and more, this festival is sure to bring out the fun in you. There will also be celebrity guests such as Anthony Mackie, Charlie Cox and Chuck Norris!
3. PASADENA STRAWBERRY FESTIVAL
- Date: May 19-21
- Location: 7603 Red Bluff Rd Pasadena, TX 77507
- Admission: General Admission $15,
- Website: http://strawberryfest.org
Take a little trip to Pasadena and check out the 44th Strawberry Festival. 70 bbq teams, mud volleyball, and 2 stages of live entertainment are only a few things that will be going on that weekend. Not to mention plenty of strawberries to go around along with the worlds largest strawberry shortcake!
AGENTS OF THE MONTH: AJ & AURORA PISANA
This month, we not only have one, but two agents who we would like to feature! The dynamic duo, AJ and Aurora Pisana!
University of Houston graduates and college sweethearts, these two joined forces 8 months ago, when AJ became part of the ULR team and soon became the definition of #relationshipgoals. Aurora, personable & loving and AJ, loyal with an impeccable memory, work hard together to give nothing but their absolute best. And while there are a million reasons to love ULR, the couple admires how much of a family the company is. They like how here at ULR we help each other grow and pick each other up, and the couple finds it “cool to be a part of a local business who’s vision aligns with ours.”
Their favorite part of Houston to show off is the beautiful and friendly community, the Heights. In their experience, clients tend to fall in love with this part of the city; it also helps that there is plenty of dining and bars to uncover.
Family oriented, AJ and Aurora enjoy spending their days off with their loved ones. They also have fun spending time at the local breweries and exploring new things to do in Houston, such as restaurants and coffee shops.
APRIL SHOWERS, MAY FLOWERS
Jazz up your home by heading outside and planting some flowers! Save on groceries by planting some vegetables and/or fruit!
- Sunflowers-who doesn’t love sunflowers?
- Poppies, cornflowers, scabious- to attract bees and butterflies to your garden
- Limnanthes-attract insects that are beneficial for your garden
- Godetias (Clarkia)-add color!
- Carnations-add some more color!
- Daylily-it’s scientific name is Hemerocallis and in Greek it means “beauty” & “day”
Veggies & Fruit
- Cabbage-easy to grow
- Melon-perfect for long hot summer days
- Tomatoes-did you know it is technically a fruit?
- Carrots-they’re good for your eyes
- Peppers-add a little spice to meals
- Herbs-basil, oregano, thyme and sage
MATCH MADE IN HOUSTON
New to Houston? No worries, we generated a little list of apartments near the Medical Center! Check it out here 🙂
We hope you enjoyed this month’s newsletter!
If you are looking to buy, sell, or lease, ULR Properties would love to help! Come visit us in our new office at 1925-B Richmond Ave (McDuffie & Richmond) or visit us online at www.ULRproperties.com