HOUSTON JUNE NEWSLETTER
Stay cool with the latest in ULR events, hot properties on the market and other Houston happenings here:
EXQUISITE CONTEMPORARY HOME
This home features a double butterfly roof design. Spacious first floor living includes polished concrete floors and backyard with professionally built putting green. Kitchen is decked out with stainless steel Thermador appliances and quartz counter tops. HVAC of the house recently went thru a deep preventive maintenance performed by Superior HVAC Repair Cypress specialists. With 4 bedrooms, 4.5 baths, and a massive two-car garage with generous storage, this home is also elevator ready! The WOW factor is topped off with an enormous covered 3rd floor balcony overlooking your urban backyard oasis. This home is strikingly beautiful and the attention to detail inside is beyond compare.
1. SOUTHERN FRIED CHICKEN FESTIVAL
The Southern Fried Chicken Festival is a celebration of Houston’s number one consumed fried dish! The most talented chefs and culinary artists will convene at this event to showcase their creative and flavorful fried chicken master pieces! Houston’s best restaurants, food trucks and concessionaire’s serving up crispy fried chicken with all the fixin’s you love!
- Date: June 1st
- Location: Peggy Park | 4101 Almeda Rd
- Time: 1-7pm
- Admission: Free-$75
- Website: Here
2. 2019 HOUSTON FOOD FEST
The 2nd Annual Houston Food Festival will showcase more than 70 different local restaurants, eateries, cafes and local food trucks right in Hermann Square. Celebrate the culinary culture in Houston, jam out to an exciting musical line-up of local and national talent and end your summer with a full belly.
- Date: June 15th
- Location: Midtown Park | 2811 Travis St
- Time: 12-10pm
- Admission: $5 presale $10 at the gate
- Website: Here
3. 6TH ANNUAL HOUSTON WHISKEY FESTIVAL
The 6th Annual Houston Whiskey Festival will offer a plethora of different Whiskey, Bourbon, Scotch, and other Fine Spirits. Festival partakers will enjoy whiskey seminars, cigar lounge, live music, and great socializing with other enthusiasts.
- Date: June 29th
- Location: The Ballroom at Bayou Place | 500 Texas Ave
- Time: 6-10pm
- Admission: $45-$125
- Website: Here
AGENT OF THE MONTH: Andrea Lightfoot
Andrea Lightfoot’s love of real estate stems from her childhood. As a native Houstonian and former Realtor in Las Vegas, Andrea has had more than 13 years experience representing her clients. As an admirer of art, design and architecture, she brings a deep love of interior design and the understanding of the link between her client’s desires of finding the perfect place to call home. She has extensive experience working with high-end rentals, high-rises, lofts and condos throughout Houston. Specializing in oil and gas relocation since 2009, her exceptional customer service skills, attention to detail and a passion for building relationships while making the experience fun and stress free, is why Andrea is so successful in what she does.
For more information on Andrea or to request her services, click here!
SUMMER SHORTCAKE RECIPE
Now that summer is right around the corner, it’s time to make refreshing treats. Here is a recipe for a quick and easy Strawberry Shortcake!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1 cup butter
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder and cream of tartar. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives. Stir in cream and egg. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and knead 2 minutes. Press into a half-inch thick sheet. Cut into squares. Place on baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven 20 minutes, or until golden. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons sugar over sliced berries.
- Let shortcakes cool before splitting and filling with sugared berries.
You can view the full recipe here.