Oh sweet, sweet fall…have we’ve been waiting for you! It’s officially fall and that means sweater weather, pumpkins and changing leaves. Why spend your time inside when there’s so much going on in Houston? While there are festivals and events happening almost every weekend, we gathered some of our favorite things to this season!
We may not be in Germany, but you’ll feel as if you are! The combination of German beer and cowboy boots
- When: Sep. 29
- Where: The Water Works at Buffalo Bayou Park | 150 Sabine St. Houston, TX 77007
- Time: Begins at 11AM
- Admission: $24-$100
- Website: http://www.oktoberfesthouston.com/
Huzzah, huzzah, huzzah! The highly anticipated festival is back for their 44th season full of magic, food, homemade crafts and so much more. And did you know you can camp overnight? The Renaissance Festival is definitely a must this year.
- When: Sep. 29-Nov. 25
- Where: 21778 FM 1774 Todd Mission, TX 77363
- Time: Opens at 9AM
- Admission:$12.95-$24.95 per day; $41.95 for weekend pass; $82.95 for four pack; $299-$548 for season pass.
- Website: https://www.texrenfest.com/
Strut Your Mutt
Calling all dog lovers! This is the perfect way to showcase your four-legged kid and support an amazing cause all at the same time. The funds raised, will be donated to the organization of your choosing! So grab Fido and your friends, and get to struttin’!
- When: Oct. 13
- Where: Stude Park | 1031 Stude Houston, TX 77007
- Time: 8AM
- Admission: Ages 6-12: $10, Ages 13 or older: $15 to register
- Website: https://bestfriends.org/events/strut-your-mutt
Bayou City Art Festival
Join the Art Colony Association and local artist as they show off their hard and talented work! Over the past 47 years, this non profit has raised money for other local nonprofit art organizations. This interactive outdoor gallery is fun and beautiful, you do not want to miss out!
- When: Oct. 13-14
- Where: Downtown | 901 Bagby St. Houston, TX 77002
- Time: 10AM-5PM
- Admission: Online: $12, At gate: $15
- Website: http://www.artcolonyassociation.org/
Brick Fest Live LEGO® Fan Experience
Ohhh yea! The #1 LEGO® Event is coming to Houston! This hands-on event gives the fans a chance to dive into the world of legos and use their creativity to create their dreams into reality. With 7 attractions to explore, you can bet you and your family will have a blast.
- When: Oct. 20-21
- Where: NRG Center | 1 NRG Park Houston, TX 77054
- Time: 9AM-5PM
- Admission: $18.88-$41.54, Children under 2 are free
- Website: http://events.brickfestlive.com/
Internation Quilt Festival
The largest quilt show in the nation is Houston bound! With more than 1,600 textile art displays, over 900 booths and 500 quilting classes, no wonder why this is the largest! Get your needles ready, quilters.
- When: Nov. 8-10
- Where: George R. Brown Convention Center | 1001 Avenida de las Americas Houston, TX 77010
- Time: Opens at 10AM
- Admission: $15-$50, Children 10 and under are free
- Website: http://www.quilts.com/
Houstonian and Grammy Award nominated hip-hop artist, Travis Scott, headlines the first festival celebrating the famous Astroworld. This new jamboree brings back the spirit and nostalgia that we all loved as a kid.
- When: Nov. 17th
- Where: NRG Park |8400 Kirby Dr. Houston, TX 77054
- Time: Opens at 12PM
- Admission: $89-$250
- Website: http://astroworldfest.com/
Have fun and stay safe!