WINTER WONDERLAND –
ULR DECEMBER NEWSLETTER
Stay cool with the latest in ULR events, hot properties on the market and other Houston happenings here:
SITTIN’ PRETTY ON PETTY ST.
Only a few years old, this stunning and modern townhouse sits on the edge of Rice Military and The Heights. As a custom model home, you’ll find that the many upgrades “brings crisp lines and elegance to its modern appeal.”
When you step inside, you’re greeted by elegant white marble floors and a grand staircase made with custom wood. The living and kitchen area is perfect for hosting get togethers and family events. Features such as soaring 10ft ceilings, crown moulding, private balcony and plenty of natural lighting. The kitchen is finished BOSCH appliances, custom cabinetry, and an island with white Carrera marble.
Spacious, with vaulted ceilings, the master bedroom is sculpted to shear perfection. The master bath features a soaking tub, stand alone shower, vanity space and plenty of cabinet space. The other bedrooms are equally just as luxurious with vaulted ceilings, plush carpet and plenty of natural light.
This home also includes a small lawn with sprinkler system.
For more information or to schedule a private tour, click here!
1. ZOO LIGHTS
Although the animals will be put away for some beauty sleep, the Houston Zoo will open it’s doors for it’s annual light festival. Complete with drinks, food, Santa and of course a light display.
- Date: Nov.17-Jan.13
- Location: 6200 Hermann Park Drive, Houston, TX 77030
- Time: Opens at 5PM
- Admission: Varies
- Website: https://zoolights.houstonzoo.org/
2. HOUSTON BALLET-NUTCRACKER
There’s nothing more magical than seeing The Nutcracker in person played by our Houston Ballet. Gather the whole family for this amazing production!
- Date: Nov.23-Dec.29
- Location: Wortham Theater | 501 Texas St, Houston, TX 77002
- Time: 2PM & 7PM
- Admission: Start at $40
- Website: https://www.houstonballet.org/seasontickets/2018-19-season/the-nutcracker/
3. DICKENS ON THE STRAND
Head out to Galveston for the Island’s most famous holiday! This festival will take you and your family through a journey through the 19th century.
- Date: Nov.30-Dec.2
- Location: Strand Historic District
- Time: Opens at 10AM
- Admission: Kids 7-12: $6, Adults: $12
- Website: http://www.galvestonhistory.org/events/dickens-on-the-strand/dickens-on-the-strand-3
AGENT OF THE MONTH: Jerilyn Kazyak
Outgoing, humorous and friendly, Jerilyn Kazyak takes homes this year’s final Agent of the Month!!
As a Houstonian for all her life and an agent at ULR for 2, you can bet she know’s real estate like the back of her hand.
With her client’s needs and wants in mind, she’s known for always giving her all. When Jerilyn is out and about, she like’s to show off her hometown, Katy or anywhere inside the loop. I mean what’s not to love about either of those two locations? Nothing, the answer is nothing.
When she’s not conquering the real estate world, you can find her with her family. With her toddler and husband in hand, they love exploring new places to eat and travel, going to the movies and spending time outdoors.
Jerilyn loves ULR for so many different reasons!
“It allows me freedom to work close to home while mixing in my love for real estate. I leased apartments for 6 years prior to receiving my real estate license and I always wanted to venture out into home sales. ULR allowed me to expand my horizons while also allowing me to stay home with my child when needed. “
For more information on Jerilyn or to request her services, click here!
BRR IT’S COLD OUTSIDE
Now that winter is here, there is something we cannot avoid: the cold. For everyone that wants to keep your home warm and cozy, but wouldn’t dare turn on the heater, here are some tips on how not to freeze!
- Reverse your ceiling fans-Turn the clockwise on low to keep the warm air towards the ground
- Open the blinds during the day to let the sun beam in, and close them at night to keep the cool air out
- Switch your sheets to flannel sheets & add extra blankets
- Don’t turn on your bathroom fan after a shower-open the doors and let the steam move its way around the house
- Add rugs to wood or concrete floors!
- Spend more time upstairs-hot air rises
- Invest in a space heater for smaller areas
- Keep your oven open after baking
- Layer up!
CHRISTMAS IN DALLAS
Looking to get out of Houston for the holidays, but don’t want to go very far? Read our blog with all the Dallas happenings going on this time of year!
We hope you enjoyed this month’s newsletter!
If you are looking to buy, sell, or lease, ULR Properties would love to help! Come visit us in our new office at 1925-B Richmond Ave (McDuffie & Richmond) or visit us online at www.ULRproperties.com