It’s no secret that Houston is booming. Jobs are growing at nearly double the national rate. In fact, Houston added over 80,000 jobs in the last year (Houston Area Employment Numbers ) and is projected to add between 60,000-80,000 jobs per year for the next decade. That translates to over 100,000 people moving to the Houston metro area every. Still not convinced? Check out the GHP’s economy blog for more information on the booming economy. The point is, all the new people in Houston (and all the new people to come) need a place to lay their weary heads. But they don’t just want any place. Here are the top five new apartments in Houston that offer the best location, amenities, and service.
1) The Sovereign – The newest high rise in the south Allen Parkway corridor is an elegant, contemporary concrete, steel, and glass apartment community. It is one of the early structures in the Reagent Square development coming to the east River Oaks / north Montrose neighborhoods. Residents get an apartment with luxury finishes and amazing views. The 8th floor pool deck offers more of those amazing views while relaxing with friends under palm trees. Of course, there are grills, a yoga deck, fitness center, and all the other over-the-top accouterments. If you want to venture out, this is a walkable property! Walk to the newest Whole Foods inside the loop. Walk to the Bayou Park’s incredible Lost Lake (to be completed in early 2015) and shopping and dining all along West Gray and Waugh.
Why ULR loves it… We love the Sovereign because it provides high rise living outside downtown and the Galleria. The location is walking distance to groceries, nightlife, shopping, and the amazing Bayou Park, which boasts running and biking trails, along with access to the bayou for kayaking and more! And did we mention the views? Residents can choose from stunning views of the downtown skyline, or the equally gorgeous Galleria horizon.
2) SOLA Uptown – These new luxury midrise apartments offer high end finishes with a huge assortment of floor plans. If you are just looking for a small studio or a spacious 2 bedroom with office space, SOLA Uptown can accommodate. Neighboring the renowned St. Regis Hotel, this property is nestled in west River Oaks, making the location ideal for walking the tree-lined streets to some of Houston’s latest premier restaurants.
Why ULR loves it… SOLA Uptown is great place for the urban cyclist. It sits right around the corner from the bike path tying into the Memorial Park trails as well as the Buffalo Bayou trail. Check out more about the Houston trail system here: Houston Trails. Residents can also stroll next door to restaurants and bars, or hop over to Houston’s famed “Highland Village” area for additional shopping and dining.
3) Sky House – If you are moving from Manhattan or Chicago and you just don’t feel at home without a high rise right out your window, then the Sky House is for you! This is the newest high rise apartment project in downtown Houston. While most of Houston’s urban residential housing is in the west inner loop, this high rise represents a great option for those that want to be IN downtown. The units have a modern mixture of textures, complete with wood floors, concrete ceilings, and floor to ceiling windows. Skyhouse boasts a myriad of amenities including full concierge service, a state-of-the art fitness center, and a rooftop “sky deck” with pool and 360 views of the city.
Why ULR loves it … This is high rise living in downtown Houston! Take the Metroline a few stops north to some of our favorite bars and restaurants off Market Square or at One Green Street! Head South to catch a Texans game (or make a quick commute if you work in the Medical Center), or bask in the sun on the skydeck and watch the city buzz around below you.
4) Broadstone Post Oak – Your new job places you in the middle of the Galleria, where there is even more office space than in downtown Houston. Maybe you want to walk to work. Enter Broadstone Post Oak right off of Richmond Avenue and Post Oak Boulevard, a slice of resort living in the middle of the city. These are the Galleria’s newest midrise apartments appointed with a pool, and fitness center set right along a lake. The Post Oak apartments are appointed with the latest top finishes including either stained concrete or bamboo flooring.
Why ULR loves it … Even though you are in the middle of the bustling Galleria you can sit in the clubroom and stair out at the serene blue lake. The layout of the property really allows residents to enjoy outside (even in hot and humid Houston). Stroll down the block to Texas’ largest shopping center (The Galleria) for a plethora of shops, restaurants, and nightlife.
5) Fairmont Museum District North – Who doesn’t want to live in Montrose? The second phase of the already wildly popular Fairmont Museum District is right off of Richmond Avenue. It’s a pet friendly property with a dog park just to the south. Residents can easily cross over Southwest Freeway via a bridge where they can walk through the Museum District. Joggers will enjoy the quick route to the Rice University jogging trail. These new Montrose apartments have beautiful finishes in a classic European meets modern American style.
Why ULR loves it… Two words: “Viking Stove”. This is the only apartment in Houston boasting a true chef’s kitchen, complete with extra counter space and a high end appliance like Viking.
Not seeing exactly what you want? Contact a ULR real estate agent for a courtesy consult.