DALLAS JUNE NEWSLETTER
Stay cool with the latest in ULR events, hot properties on the market and other Dallas happenings here:
HOT NEW LISTING
Live in the dynamic, walkable neighborhood of West Village and enjoy an unrivaled Uptown location. We’re situated on the trolley line right off McKinney Avenue, moments from interesting boutiques, trending restaurants, and vibrant nightlife. Catch a show at The Magnolia Theatre. Go for a stroll on Katy Trail. Hop on the trolley for quick trips to Downtown Dallas, the Quadrangle, and Klyde-Warren Park. With a pleasant, tree-filled courtyard, our community feels like an inviting retreat. Relax in the swimming pool and play with your dog at the pet park. Dine al fresco with friends at the outdoor grilling and picnic area. Our comfortable, spacious apartment homes feature open floor plans, walk-in closets, and designer accents. Granite countertops, fireplaces, pantries, and stainless steel appliances are just a few of the updated amenities that you can choose from. Discover a new home in the heart of the city.
For more information reach out to one of our agents and ask for DAL670.
1. DALLAS SCOOTER SCAVENGER HUNT
Welcome to the official Dallas Scooter Scavenger hunt brought to you by JUMP Scooters by Uber and TheAdventure.Club. There are so many cool places, buildings and artwork downtown and they want to take you on a big tour of it. What better way to do it than as a scavenger hunt…..on a scooter!! Take a tour and learn about our awesome city by following clues with the accompanying app. The event will take between 1.5 and 2.5 hours, that just depends on how good you are 😉 Dress in Back to the Future theme and win prizes for the best costume.
- Date: June 9th
- Location: Dallas City Hall | 1500 Marilla St
- Time: 10-3pm
- Admission: $20 tickets not sold at door
- Website: Here
2. TACOS AND TUNES
Tacos and Tunes is a concert series that’s removing the barriers between artists and their audiences. Also tacos. Because they’re delicious. Our hearts are just as hungry as our stomachs and both deserve to be filled. Experience an intimate show featuring the best local talent and tacos. A unique venue and genuine community will make it worth the while to pause your Netflix and experience your city.
- Date: June 14th
- Location: The Wax Space | 300 S Polk St Suite 295
- Time: 7-10pm
- Admission: $15, no tickets sold at door
- Website: Here
3. 4TH ANNUAL CINCO DE MAYO PUB CRAWL
Nothing says summer like the cold refreshment of ice cream and the patriotic tunes before a grand fireworks display. Celebrate Independence Day by sampling cold treats from more than a dozen vendors and enjoying contests, live music, games and other fun family activities. Wrap up the evening with a concert by the U.S. Army’s 36th Infantry Division Band and a spectacular pyrotechnic display on the Park’s East Lawn.
- Date: June 29th
- Location: Klyde Warren Park | 2012 Woodall Rodgers Freeway
- Time: 4-10pm
- Admission: Free
- Website: Here
AGENT OF THE MONTH: Sean Ray
Congratulations on your decision to find your new place to call home. At Urban Leasing & Realty we specialize not only in finding the right place but the right lifestyle to fit your short term and long term needs.
Feel free to find me on Facebook and let’s start a conversation on how I can best serve you. My office hours are 24/7 so feel free to call me morning, noon, or night!
For more information on Sean or to request his services, click here!
SUMMER DESSERT RECIPE
Now that summer is right around the corner, it’s time to make refreshing treats. Here is a recipe for a quick and easy Double Chocolate Mocha Mousse!
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Place the semisweet and bittersweet chocolates in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt according to package directions. Let cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk together the egg yolks, espresso powder, 4 tablespoons granulated sugar, and 1/2 cup cream. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture lightly coats the back of a spatula (do not let the mixture simmer or boil), 2 to 3 minutes.
- Scrape the egg mixture into the cooled chocolate and whisk to combine. Refrigerate until cooled, about 25 minutes.
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the remaining cup cream and tablespoon sugar in a medium bowl until stiff peaks form. In two additions, fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. Divide among serving dishes and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with shaved chocolate before serving, if desired.
You can view the full recipe here.