HTX JULY NEWSLETTER
Stay cool with the latest in ULR events, hot properties on the market and other Houston happenings here:
WASHINGTON EAST BROWNSTONE
This Sawyer Heights brownstone is ideal for any individual seeking the best parts of city life. Located right across from the Spring St Hike and Bike Trail, you can easy take the trails into the Heights or along the Buffalo Bayou. This home is also street-facing, allowing for convenient parking access, with walkability to various restaurants, shops, nightlife and art studios in the area. The interior features leave nothing to be desired with wood flooring throughout, granite countertops, stainless steel appliances and an open layout. You’ll also enjoy relaxing on your rooftop terrace with stunning Downtown view – even more ideal for watching the Downtown 4th of July fireworks show! You won’t want to miss this one.
1. 2019 FREEDOM OVER TEXAS
This year Houstonians will celebrate more than three decades of July 4th music and fireworks on Buffalo Bayou. The city’s signature tribute to patriotism returns with new live music acts and stunning fireworks.
- Date: July 4th
- Location: Eleanor Tinsley Park | 500 Allen Parkway
- Time: 4-10pm
- Admission: $8 Advance, 10$ At the gate, Children under 5 free
- Website: Here
3. 7th ANNUAL VEGFEST HOUSTON VEGAN FEST
The Vegan Festival features include: superb vegan restaurants, animal rights organizations, ‘Kids Zone’ Makerspace with crafts, vegan food & fitness demos, “Ask a Vegan” booth and panels, free product samples, community booths and green businesses, plus raffle prize giveaways.
- Date: July 13th
- Location: Minute Maid Park | 501 Crawford Street
- Admission: $10-20, Children under 5 free
- Website: Here
3. TEX-MEX BBQ BLOCK PARTY 2019
The Houston Barbecue Festival and Saint Arnold Brewing Company announce the inaugural Tex-Mex BBQ Block Party to celebrate the growing influence of Tejano and Tex-Mex cooking traditions in contemporary Central Texas-style craft barbecue. Ticket holders will taste unlimited samples of each vendor’s barbecue dish as well as enjoy great Saint Arnold beer.
- Date: July 14th
- Location: Saint Arnold Brewing Company | 2000 Lyons Avenue
- Time: 1-4pm
- Admission: $60
- Website: Here
AGENT OF THE MONTH: Jennifer Phillips
Jennifer has over 11 years of real estate experience in the greater Houston area including luxury rentals, home, and condo sales. A native Houstonian, Jennifer knows the ins and outs of the bustling city and why people choose one neighborhood over another. Her enthusiasm for the business shows in her effectiveness at matching clients with their perfect home whether the matchmaking take hours or months. More than anything else, Jennifer most appreciates the deep-seeded satisfaction knowing that she has helped someone find a home.She attended the University of Houston. When she is not working Jennifer loves traveling, swimming, playing soccer, cooking, antique shopping on Westheimer, and attending shows in the vibrant Theater District.
For more information on Jennifer or to request her services, click here!
It’s almost time for fireworks and sparklers… and red white and blue desserts! Enjoy this simple recipe for a patriotic dessert.
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream
- red, white, and blue sprinkles
- 3 drops red food coloring
- 3 drops blue food coloring
- Soften ice cream to a soft serve/yogurt texture. Evenly divide ice cream into three bowls.
- Place red food coloring in one bowl and blue food coloring in the other, using a whisk beat each bowl until color is well blended.
- Layer bottom of glass with red ice cream, then plain vanilla and blue ice cream, using long spoon or knife drag it from the bottom to the top, stirring in between to mix the color (do not over-mix).
- Optional decorating: Finish with whipped cream and red, white and blue confetti
You can view the full recipe here.