HOUSTON’S HEATING UP! ULR JULY NEWSLETTER
As the summer kicks off, you can stay cool with the latest in ULR events, hot properties on the market and other hot Houston happenings here:
Close your eyes, relax and imagine this. You come home after a long day of work to a stunning 2 story house with a private, gated driveway and all your stress and worries fly out the window. You pull in, park and walk inside to a spacious and beautiful home with an open living/dining floor plan featuring wood floors, granite countertops and maple cabinets. You walk over to your master suite, to find that theres plenty of space for all your furniture and a cozy fireplace for those cold, winter nights. Sounds wonderful so far doesn’t it? Let’s keep going.
Maybe you have some work to do, so you take a stroll to your study with beautiful french doors. Or it could be family movie night, so you pop some popcorn, put on your pjs and join your tribe in the media room with surround sound. Or the weather couldn’t be any better, so you decided to hang out with your furry friend in your private, fenced backyard. *insert smile here*
Okay, open your eyes. Did you picture yourself in a house you can call home? We knew it! This marvelous, traditional oasis is located right on the outskirts of Manvel. You’re near the Pearland Town Center and shopping center where you’ll find all your favorite stores and restaurants. Hop onto 288 if you commute to Downtown or if your headed towards an adventure. You deserve to be happy, and this is the house that can grant you total and complete blissfulness.
1. THE MARKET AT SAWYER YARDS
Take a stroll over through Sawyer street where you’ll find various art, crafts and food!
- Date: July 8
- Location: The Silos on Sawyer | 1502 Sawyer St. Houston, TX 77007
- Time: 6 PM
- Admission: Free
- Website: http://sawyerstreetmarket.com/
Houston Cinema Arts Society’s 7th annual Julydoscope is fun the whole family can enjoy! Bring a picnic basket full of your favorite treats and enjoy the music, films and poetry about outer space. When the sun goes down, unwind and relax to a live saxophone quartet concert.
- Date: July 15
- Location: Discovery Green |1500 McKinney St. Houston, TX 77010
- Time: 7 pM-10:30 PM
- Admission: Free
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/events/136905253549343/?active_tab=about
3. BUZZ WEENIE ROAST
94.5 The Buzz proudly announces the return of Weenie Roast! Make a trip to the Woodlands and watch performances from bands such as Chevelle, Blue October, 10 Years, Missio and Dinosaur Pile-Up.
- Date: July 22
- Location: Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion | 2005 Lake Robbins Dr, The Woodlands, TX 77380
- Time: 4:30 PM
- Admission: $9.45-$35
- Website: http://thebuzz.iheart.com/contests/enter-online/the-weenie-roast-returns-214850/
AGENT OF THE MONTH: Katherine Plangman
This month we would like to feature the one and only Katharine, Kat, Plangman!
Loyal, patient, kind, hard working and open-minded are just few of the many great qualities Kat possess. Born into a large family, she learned how to be open to different personalities, experiences and opinions which contribute to her success.
Katharine has been apart of the ULR family for 7 years, so believe me when I say she knows what she’s doing and always rocks it! Recently graduated from college, she found herself at Urban Leasing, which quickly became her home away from home. The support, encouragement she receives from her coworkers is why Kat loves her job and she feels truly blessed to be apart of an amazing company.
From the ambience, the style of the houses, to the local shops and restaurants, the Heights is by far her favorite Houston neighborhood to take her clients to.
With a love for heath and wellness, you can find her biking, or at a yoga class. When she’s not getting her workout on, she’s usually makes her way over to Buffalo Bayou with her boyfriend and 2 pups. And when the beach is calling her name, Katharine enjoys traveling to Mexico or Costa Rica!
Click here to learn more about Kat!
IT’S GETTING HOT IN HERE
As the days get longer, the days get hotter. Keep out of the heat, keep your AC bill down and stay cool with these little hacks!
- Keep your blinds closed-the simplest way to keep the sun out and the heat away
- Install window film-if you’re not in a Count Dracula mood, tinted or window film are an inexpensive method to hide from the sun’s rays
- Turn your ceiling fans on-instead of dropping the temperature down, keep it a neutral temp and let the fans work their magic
- Change the direction of your fan-set your ceiling fan counter-clockwise during the summer and kept at a high speed; this will give you a chill sensation
- Keep your doors open-not the front door! Leaving the doors in your house open lets the cool air ventilate throughout your entire home
- Change you sheets-make the switch over to cotton; you and your sheets will breath easier
- Turn on the bathroom/exhaust fans-they’ll suck in all the hot air
- Switch to CFL lightbulbs-incandescents lightbulbs give off heat, making your home hotter
- Start grilling-using the stove/oven adds heat! Plus food taste 10x better!
BOLD STRIPES & BRIGHT STARS
Incase you haven’t had the chance to plan a BBQ or if you wanted to switch things up a little bit, we have a couple suggestions. Read our blog and check out how Houston plans on celebrating here!
We hope you enjoyed this month’s newsletter!
If you are looking to buy, sell, or lease, ULR Properties would love to help! Come visit us in our new office at 1925-B Richmond Ave (McDuffie & Richmond) or visit us online at www.ULRproperties.com