LOVE IS IN THE AIR – ULR FEBRUARY NEWSLETTER
Stay cool with the latest in ULR events, hot properties on the market and other Houston happenings here:
HONEY, I’M HOME!
This beautiful contemporary and modern home will make you believe in love at first sight. 2 stories, 4 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths and plenty of space for all your wants and needs. The open concept and high vaulted ceiling will make entertaining fun and easy for you and your guests. And you can’t miss the amazing and colorful plywood wall! The kitchen is designed with 42 inch maple cabinets, stainless steel Energy Star appliances and a breakfast bar. The master suite is located on the first floor and comes with huge walk in closets and a bathroom that will make you never want to leave. Make your way upstairs, and there you’ll find 3 bedrooms and an extra room that can be made into a play room or an office space. Your family (including your pets) will make it hard for them to come inside in the spacious, fenced backyard. But who are you kidding, you’ll love spending time outside under the covered patio as well!
Located in League City, you’re close to Trinity Bay, Galveston and Kemah Boardwalk! However, if you want to come back inside the city, you’re minutes away from I-45. Near local and popular restaurants, shops and entertainment, your family will always find something to do!
1. HPA! PUPPY BOWL
We can’t host the super bowl every year, but Houston can be home to the Houston Pets Alive Puppy Bowl! Bring your dogs and help this nonprofit organization make Houston the largest No Kill city in the nation.
- Date: Feb. 3
- Location: Dogwood Houston | 2403 Bagby St, Houston, TX 77006
- Time: 4-8 PM
- Admission: Free
- Website: http://www.houstonpetsalive.org/
2. TEXAS HOME & GARDEN SHOW
The 32nd Home and Garden Show makes it’s way to Houston! This the largest show in Texas, so you can bet that you’ll find tons of new services, products and ideas to turn your house into the perfect home.
- Date: Feb. 9-11
- Location: NRG Stadium | 1 NRG Park Houston, TX 77054
- Time: Varies
- Admission: $8-$10, children under 14 are free
- Website: https://texashomeandgarden.com/attendee-information-houston-spring/
3. COLOR IN MOTION 5K
If you’re a fan of colors and running, this is the 5K for you! Dress in your wackiest or whitest clothes (that you don’t mind ruining) and get blasted with color. You’ll receive a medal and the chance to party with all the competitors! Fun for the whole family!
- Date: Feb. 24
- Location: Sam Houston Race Park | 7575 N. Sam Houston Pkwy. W. Houston, TX 77064
- Time: Begins at 9 AM
- Admission: $24.99-$34.99
- Website: https://colorinmotion5k.com/houston
AGENT OF THE MONTH: Clay Joyner
May we present to you February’s Agent of the Month….Clay Joyner!! Hard working, dedicated and extremely personable and caring, Clay is the cherry on top of the cake. Native Houstonian, he graduated from Texas State, married the love of his life and became the father to 3 beautiful children. Faith, family and furthering his real estate education is a constant goal for him and he achieves it everyday!
When it comes to real estate, Clay’s favorite part of Houston to show is anywhere inside the loop. However he is also extremely knowledgeable outside the loop and has sold houses from Friendswood all the way to the Woodlands. He strives to not only creating an awesome business relationship, but also a friend in the end.
As a huge sports fan, his favorite thing to do on his free time is either watching basketball (go Rockets!) and/or working out. Photography, cycling, cryotherapy and of course spending time with his family are all things that he finds to be important in his life.
As a ULR agent for almost a year and half, Clay is blessed and thankful to find a business that sees him as not only an agent, but part of the family. He is deeply appreciative that this company truly cares and has the discipline to continue to grow and strive to be the best real estate agency out there.
To find out more about Clay or to request his real estate expertise visit here!
If you want to start growing your own veggies and fruits but it’s too cold or you don’t have a yard to do so, we got a solution; grow them inside!
- Avocados-A healthy fat loaded with Vitamin A
- Carrots-20/20 vision for the win!
- Garlic Greens-Has been known to help with high cholesterol & high blood pressure
- Lemons-Oranges aren’t the only ones that are packed with Vitamin C
- Mandarin Oranges-Get a boost of calcium, magnesium and fiber in your system
- Mushrooms-They’re antioxidants and help fight cancer compounds
- Salad Greens-Your choice of iceberg, spinach, romaine, red leaf and/or arugula
- Tomatoes-They help prevent coronary heart disease
- Basil-Can stop enzymes from growing in your body
- Cilantro- Help shield against cancer, heart disease and strokes
- Ginger- Reduces inflammation and can stop nausea and motion sickness
- Mint- After a long night, drink some mint tea
- Rosemary- Improve your cholesterol level all while losing weight
For more information on how to grow and harvest these goods, click here!
LETS TACO ‘BOUT IT
What’s your favorite tacos spot in Houston? Read our latest blog to see what some of our agent’s had to say and who the winner was!
We hope you enjoyed this month’s newsletter!
If you are looking to buy, sell, or lease, ULR Properties would love to help! Come visit us in our new office at 1925-B Richmond Ave (McDuffie & Richmond) or visit us online at www.ULRproperties.com