Wednesday night, at one of the hottest new wine bars in Montrose, several dozen fresh-faced bright-eyed first time home buyers interested in investigating property in Houston’s inner loop and surrounding areas attended our Sip and Learn event to discover every step of the home buying process – from assessing mortgage options to determining the right time to buy to inspections, insurance and more – and enjoy some good wine, too! The turnout was great not just in the number of people who attended, but also in the attitude and questions they bought with them. Attendees ranged from brand new to Houston first time home buyers to avid wine lovers with a purchase or two under the belt. The even made for a wonderful collision of two of our favorites hobbies: fine wine and fine property.
ULR was happy to present them with excellent experts on different aspects of the home buying process and Brick and Spoon- led by Republic National Beverage sommelier Richard Sanchez – presented the crowd with five different delicious wines perfectly designed to pair with foods, whet your appetite or just plain relax the taster.
We are thrilled to have had so many first time Houston home buyers come out to our event, and just as happy that we were able to leave them with home buying tips that will definitely come in handy when buying their first property. We want to thank not only the attendees themselves and Brick and Spoon for offering us a venue, but every one of the amazing speakers that came to help educate our crowd:
- Kai Bike from Republic State Mortgage
- Our very own ULR agents Sean Ray and Katharine Plangman
- Travis Kepp from Southern Star Inspections
- Mark Rafail from Rafail Insurance
- and Candace Hildebrand and Angela Smith from Great American Title
As for the wines, there was plenty of variety to sip, and it made the process just that much easier for residents of our city looking to purchase a new property:
- Jaume Serra Cristalino
- Estancia Pinot Grigio
- Parker Station Pinot Noir
- Hawk Crest Cabernet
- Norton Malbec
Sips and Bites
- Jessica St. John’s opening remarks for the evening: “Not too long ago we were in the same place many of you are, wondering how to approach buying a home. We thought, ‘How can we make this easier?’ and the answer came to us: ‘With wine!’”
- Brick and Spoon was a wonderful hosting venue. For your own Houston foodie notes: they’re open every day from 7:30 AM to 2 PM. Rumor has it they make one of the best omelets in the city.
- ULR’s founders kicked off the night with a clip of them buying their first home on HGTV. They still own the home, and the value has appreciated in spite of the fact that it wasn’t the best time to purchase.
- Events like these often cost money. This one was free. If you missed it, don’t worry. There will be more to come. Keep an eye out for future ULR events to drink wine and learn everything you need to know about buying or renting residential property in one of America’s top cities for food and real estate.
Want to attend the next ULR event? Contact us to be informed the next time we hold something or to start learning as much as our attendees did by swinging by our office for a pastry or cup of coffee.